Have you tried everything to lose weight?
- Working out
- Starving yourself
- Swapping the sugary drinks for their sugar-free counterparts
- Drinking more water or coffee
- Taking weight loss supplements
But nothing ever seems to move the needle much on the scale?
Or maybe you have a hard time giving up certain foods? Or don't like the gym?
Whatever the case is for you, one thing I know for sure is this...it can be really hard to lose weight...I'm talkin EXTREMELY hard,
IF you don't KNOW and FOLLOW these 3 tips that I'm about to share with you below!
Tip 1: Confidently Decide That You're Going To Lose Weight
As obvious as this might sound, most people don't actually do this fully!
If you're going to lose weight, you NEED to make a strong, confident decision, a DECLARATION, that you ARE GOING TO lose weight NO MATTER WHAT.
Almost as if there aren't any other options, especially the option to stay the same, because in your mind, there SHOULDN'T be any other option!
This decision alone quite often means the difference between success and failure.
Once you confidently decide that you're going to do this AND the decision is so strong that you remember the exact date when you made it and how strong you felt when you made it, you're now on the right track to losing weight!
Tip 2: Prioritize Your Health
If you're serious about losing weight, you need to make it a daily priority.
You can't just eat healthy or exercise for a few days and then stop, it needs to become a new habit.
A lot of people don't realize that in order to physically change your body, your thoughts, actions and behaviors need to change first.
You can't think the same thoughts that you currently are, you can't do the same things, act the same way, etc... and expect different results.
You need to think different thoughts, you need to act differently, do different things on a daily basis if you want different results.
A few real life examples should be prioritizing and dedicating the time to:
- Learn more about which foods are helping you reach your goal and which foods are hindering you
- Grocery shopping for, preparing and eating the RIGHT foods
- Exercising or increasing your activity level
- Living in gratitude and being thankful for all your new choices that are helping you reach your goals and progress in your life
Tip 3: Take Daily, Conscious Action
No matter what you decide to change, it has to be a conscious change that you think about EVERY, SINGLE DAY!
What I mean by this is, if you decide to:
- Start walking or exercising, walk or exercise EVERY, SINGLE DAY (unless you're training heavy and need the recovery, then schedule the appropriate recovery days in) or at least think about raising your activity level every single day and notch out the time to do it.
(Another note on this, on your recovery days, use the same time you'd normally work out to meditate, do yoga, stretch out, figure out your plan of attack for the rest of the week, etc.)
- Start meal prepping or cooking, consciously notch out time to meal prep and cook EVERY, SINGLE DAY!
- Start drinking more water, consciously drink more water EVERY, SINGLE DAY! A tip you can use is set a reminder in your phone to remind you to take a drink.
- Start swapping out junk food for veggies and hummus (or frozen banana and berries blended instead of ice cream), consciously swap them out EVERY, SINGLE DAY!
I'm going to repeat myself here because it's SO IMPORTANT to your success. You can't just eat healthy or exercise for a few days and then stop, it NEEDS TO BECOME A NEW HABIT!
The tortoise will ALWAYS beat the hare because of it's consistency. The decision to notch out time (even just 20 minutes) EVERY, SINGLE DAY for exercise and cooking (or anything else that will get you a step closer to your goal), will be the best decision of your life.
Tip 4: Obliterate Self-Limiting Beliefs
Every single one of my clients at first thought that they couldn't do something.
"I can't workout, my ankle is bad"
"I can't give up dairy (or meat, or cookies, etc.), I just won't be able to live"
"I'm not flexible or I can't do certain exercises"
"I don't know exactly what to do"
"My family has a history of heart disease or diabetes or high cholesterol or high blood pressure..."
And the list goes on...
What I'm here to tell you, is that you CAN do ANYTHING or change ANYTHING that you set your mind to! I'm living proof and so many of my clients are living proof of this statement!
The story we tell ourselves is what often keeps us stuck and in a rut, and sometimes indefinitely.
I want to help you obliterate your self-limiting beliefs and empower you with a reality that your body is a divine being that is capable of FAR MORE than you can even conceive!
- Does it not heal when you cut yourself?
- Does it not fight an infection when you get sick?
- Does it not blink, breath, pump blood and do the other trillions of processes throughout our body unconsciously, every single day without fail?
You see there's always 2 sides to a story, the good and the bad, the positive and the negative. Let me give you a real example:
Let's say your family has a history of diabetes and high cholesterol and you believe that is your destiny as well. Well I have news for you, it's been proven without a shadow of a doubt, that both of those ailments and most of our "21st Century" ailments and diseases are caused by specific foods. In other words, they're diet and food related.
So guess what, if you start changing the foods you're eating, you WILL start to change your outcome and results, and essentially re-write your future.
That's just one small example, but the reality is, you have full control over your future and your health even if you don't currently believe that you do.
Tip 5: Get Personalized, Targeted Help
We humans learn best when we're guided and shown EXACTLY what and how to do something.
- In school we had teachers guide us
- A musician can help us learn a musical instrument
- An instructor can teach us a new skill
- A coach can help us develop the right techniques to get better in a sport
Losing weight is no different. Sometimes even if we KNOW exactly what to eat and do, we aren't doing it because we're simply not motivated enough or the will to do it is less than the familiar pleasure of the food we used to eat.
That's why it's best to find someone that:
- Has successfully lost weight and has proven to help others successfully lose weight,
- You can trust
- You vibe well with
- Will teach you "HOW to fish" instead of "Giving you the fish"
- Will keep you motivated and held accountable all the way through until you've reached your goals
If you happen to like my style and want additional help with your weight loss or health endeavor, head on over to my coaching section of this site and I'd LOVE to meet you and help you crush your goals however big or small!
Or if you're already driven and ambitious and just need more ACTUAL tips to successfully lose weight for good, be sure to check out my new eBook here.
So there you have it. If you follow these 5 tips, you'll definitely be on the right path to reaching your weight loss goals and the path or the journey, is what it's all about!
Wishing you the very best in your health endeavors!